Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday Night Weigh-In: The Scale Taketh Away, The Scale Giveth Back

Hello, gentle readers. Drove to the gym last night through the first very light snow flurry of the season. Did a half-walk (1.75 miles) on the treadmill and a full upper body circuit, then stepped on the scale. The teeter tottered again this week and I found five of the six pounds I lost last week: I now weigh 329 pounds. I was just as incredulous with the big gain this week as I was with the big loss last week.

It has been a rough week and things won't get easier until the end of the month. At work, I chose to enter into an "agreed transition plan" with my supervisor because I've been overwhelmed for quite some time pulling double duty as an estates administrator and executive assistant for four people in my office, so my last day of employment is October 30. There have been many other layoffs, tension is in the air, I'm forcing myself to work on estates and tie up loose ends when part of me has already left the building, and I want to surrender it all but I have two weeks left to go. I felt physically drained a couple of nights this week like I was fighting off possible illness, so I gave myself a couple of nights off from walking and the gym to "feed a cold" and get some good nights' sleep.

I'll do my best to keep my walking and exercise routine going in order to fight stress and make my way towards the finish line, and by Halloween I will finally have the freedom to walk and work out as well as job search and interview in hopes of finding a great new job. And, if I have to move back in with my parents for awhile due to my unemployment, the gym is in walking distance!

Good Night, Woof, and Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment